Tips And Tricks For Internal Link Optimization Of Your Websites
Internal links are an important part of your website, as they are also considered an essential point when comes to ranking on the search engine page. So they are a good and legal way to improve your ranking. So what exactly are internal links?
We 3 Sevens Marketing Company, an SEO agency in Mississippi will explain internal linking and also the tips about how to improve it.
Internal links are any links that point to a page on the same website or domain. Internal links include all the links on the main page menu, in the footer of the website, or any links within the page of the website. These pages drive traffic to other pages of the website. For example, the links like about us, blog, services, etc. all are considered as internal links.
These additional pages give one a chance to drive the traffic to other pages of the website and also help in building an intuitive site structure. This internal linking within your website helps the search engine algorithms to understand better your website.
So these internal links are very important for strengthening your website’s SEO and improving your ranking on the search engine results page.
Here are some points one should remember while optimizing the internal links.
- Broken links: First and foremost, you should audit your whole website and look for any existing broken links. Now, these links can be broken because of some reasons like URL change, no redirect being added. So first you should make sure to correct these and make them running before creating new internal links.
- Site Structure: Establish a structure of the site at the start. This will make the website more organized and clean. You should make sure that your visitors move from one page to another easily. Shorten the path to the most visited links; means the links that are most visited should be reached through a minimum number of clicks.
- Automate Internal Link Building: Building links manually is very cumbersome and tiring. And also a big task if you have many pages on your website. So a thing one can do is, automate the internal link generation process.
There are various places on the websites where you can apply automation in the internal link building. These places are like product suggestions, read next blog suggestions, etc.
- Anchor Text: Anchor text is a way the search engine determines what a page is about. When adding internal links to a website, make sure to use an anchor text that will help the page rank high.
When your primary goal is SEO, one should use anchor text as a primary keyword. But if your motive is to encourage your visitors to take a particular action your anchor text should be a “Call-to-action”.
- The click-depth: It means the number of clicks a user has to click to reach a particular page or particular product. Make sure that your pages that are most visited are quickly accessible and at a minimum number of clicks.
- Updating internal links: Make it a habit to regularly add links to your new content on the older pages and also adding links to the new pages you create. These internal links matter a lot because these links help your audience to find more updated information related to what they are searching for. This will help you highlight your more recent and popular page.
Internal Links are a powerful tool for optimizing your pages so make sure to use them efficiently whenever possible. This helps significantly in ranking your page higher in the search engine results page whenever any user searches for related information.
If you want any help regarding internal links, please don’t hesitate to contact us